Instructions for Authors
Please download and follow the Checklist for Contributors pdf file in preparing your manuscript for submission. Manuscripts not prepared per this style sheet will likely be returned to the author without review.
- Intended readership: Professional botanists, educators, conservation biologists and serious amateurs.
- Submission of a manuscript implies it is not being considered for publication elsewhere, either in whole or in part.
- Prior to publication authors will be required to sign a Transfer of Copyright Agreement.
- Brevity is urged for all submissions. If manuscripts are returned with considerable rewriting necessary, additional peer review is typically sought by the Editor.
- It is the author's responsibility to verify all information included in the manuscript.
- The manuscript version submitted should have been read critically by all coauthors.
- The manuscript should be checked against these instructions. Manuscripts not properly prepared may be returned for revision prior to review.
- Papers of excessive length may be returned to the author for submission to the New England Botanical Club's Special Publications series.
What to Submit via Email:
Manuscript in Word format. All parts of a manuscript must be submitted via email and separated into files (including images) less than 10MB in size. Larger files should be sent via Dropbox, Google Drive, or other file sharing program.
- Cover letter, which should include:
- Any special instructions.
- Phone and e-mail address of corresponding author.
- Any possible address changes (including phone and e-mail) within the next several months.
- Names, addresses, and e-mail addresses of possible objective reviewers.
Submit to the Editor-in-Chief of Rhodora:
Dr. Nishanta Rajakaruna
For questions not covered by the information in this checklist, please refer to recent issues of the journal or contact the Editor-in-Chief by e-mail ( Dr. Nishanta Rajakaruna ).