Printable 2015-2016 Program Calendar (pdf file).
NEBC meetings are typically held monthly on the first Friday of the month during the academic year at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. However, some meetings are held elsewhere, on second Friday's of the month, or at other times. Please check the Program Calendar for specifics.
Location: Meetings at Harvard University are held in Haller Lecture Hall (Room 102), Geological Museum, 24 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 (door to right of Harvard Museum of Natural History entrance). See Interactive Harvard University Map.
Time: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at 6:45 pm.
Our meetings are open to the public. For any questions concerning meetings contact the Corresponding Secretary.
December 4, 2015 Meeting Notice (pdf file)
- Dr. Michael S. Dosmann, Curator of Living Collections, Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University
- "Red needles in green haystacks: On the trail of the wild paperbark maple (Acer griseum)"
January 8, 2016
- NEBC Membership
- "Sixteenth Soirée for Savory Samples and Superb Species and Scenery"
- Potluck dinner (5:30 PM) and member's "Show and Tell"
- Held at the new Division of Fisheries and Wildlife Cronin building, 1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough, MA (room 108 – southeast conference room)
February 5, 2016
- NEBC Distinguished Speaker
- Dr. David Foster, Director, Harvard Forest, Harvard University, Petersham, MA
- "Conservation Management in New England. Insight From the Land and its History"
March 4, 2016
- Art Gilman, Gilman and Briggs Environmental, Barre, VT
- "Incidents in the Development of the New Flora of Vermont"
April 1, 2016
- Dr. Anna Aguilera, Assistant Professor of Biology, Biology Department, Simmons College, Boston, MA
- "Aquatic and Terrestrial Decomposition of the Invasive Norway Maple"
May 13, 2016
- Ted Elliman, Vegetation Management Coordinator, New England Wild Flower Society, Framingham, MA (Held at Garden in the Woods, Framingham, MA)
- "New England Guide to Wildflowers"
June TBD, 2016
- To be announced; "away" meeting being planned