Printable 2015-2016 Program Calendar (pdf file).
NEBC meetings are typically held monthly on the first Friday of the month during the academic year at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. However, some meetings are held elsewhere, on second Friday's of the month, or at other times. Please check the Program Calendar for specifics.
Location: Meetings at Harvard University are held in Haller Lecture Hall (Room 102), Geological Museum, 24 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 (door to right of Harvard Museum of Natural History entrance). See Interactive Harvard University Map.
Time: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at 6:45 pm.
Our meetings are open to the public. For any questions concerning meetings contact the Corresponding Secretary.
February 5, 2016 Meeting Notice (pdf file)
- NEBC Distinguished Speaker
- Dr. David Foster, Director, Harvard Forest, Harvard University, Petersham, MA
- "Conservation Management in New England: Insight From the Land and its History"
March 4, 2016
- Art Gilman, Gilman and Briggs Environmental, Barre, VT
- "Incidents in the Development of the New Flora of Vermont"
April 1, 2016
- Dr. Anna Aguilera, Assistant Professor of Biology, Biology Department, Simmons College, Boston, MA
- "Aquatic and Terrestrial Decomposition of the Invasive Norway Maple"
May 13, 2016
- Ted Elliman, Vegetation Management Coordinator, New England Wild Flower Society, Framingham, MA (Held at Garden in the Woods, Framingham, MA)
- "New England Guide to Wildflowers"
June 4-5, 2016
- Summer "away" meeting with the New York Flora Association in the Hudson River Valley.
- Field trips, accommodations, and activities will be at Black Rock Forest in Cornwall, NY. Explore the habitat diversity throughout the 3,838-acre forest, with field trips on Saturday and Sunday, and a speaker on Saturday. Black Rock Forest Maps