Printable 2014-2015 Program Calendar (pdf file).
NEBC meetings are typically held monthly on the first Friday of the month during the academic year at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. However, some meetings are held elsewhere, on second Friday's of the month, or at other times. Please check the Program Calendar for specifics.
Location: Meetings at Harvard University are held in Haller Lecture Hall (Room 102), Geological Museum, 24 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 (door to right of Harvard Museum of Natural History entrance). See Interactive Harvard University Map.
Time: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at 6:45 pm.
Our meetings are open to the public. For any questions concerning meetings contact the Corresponding Secretary.
December 5, 2014
- Dr. Gaius R. Shaver, Senior Scientist, The Ecosystems Center, Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory
- "Climate Change, Local Adaptation, and Arctic Plant Communities"
January 9, 2015
- NEBC members & guests, NEBC membership
- "Fifteenth Felicificative Fanfare for Floriferous and Fructiferous Favorites"
- Potluck dinner ( 5:30pm ) and member's "Show and Tell"
- Held at new Division of Fisheries and Wildlife building, 1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough,
February 6, 2015
- Dr. Patricia Swain, Natural Community Ecologist, Massachusetts Natural Heritage & Endangered Species Program, Westborough, MA
- "Revising the Classification of Natural Communities of Massachusetts"
March 6, 2015
- 1100th Meeting of the New England Botanical Club, Celebrating Students
- Tomas Zavada, UMASS Boston, Boston, MA
- "Case Studies in Domestication and Biological Invasions in Genera Cichorium and Centaurea (Asteraceae)"
April 10, 2015
- NEBC Distinguished Speaker
- Dr. Ned Friedman, Director of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, Boston, MA
- "Mutants in our Midst: Darwin, Horticulture, and Evolution"
May 1, 2015
- Dr. David Hibbett, Professor of Biology, Clark University, Worcester, MA
- "Getting to the Roots of Rot: Phylogenomics of Wood-Decaying Mushrooms"
- At Garden in the Woods, Framingham, MA
June 5-7, 2015
- Representatives of New England botanical organizations
- Symposium Celebrating New England Botanical Club's 120th year
- Smith College, Northampton, MA