Printable 2016-2017 Program Calendar (pdf file).
NEBC meetings are typically held monthly on the first Friday of the month during the academic year at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts. However, some meetings are held elsewhere, on second Friday's of the month, or at other times. Please check the Program Calendar for specifics.
Location: Meetings at Harvard University are held in Haller Lecture Hall (Room 102), Geological Museum, 24 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138 (door to right of Harvard Museum of Natural History entrance). See Interactive Harvard University Map.
Time: Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are held at 6:45 pm.
Our meetings are open to the public. For any questions concerning meetings contact the Corresponding Secretary.
February 3, 2017
- Dr. Jenica Allen, Assistant Professor, Department of Natural Resources and the Environment, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH.
- "Invasive Plant Risks and Advantages with Climate and Land Use Change"
March 3, 2017
- Dr. Charles Davis, Professor of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology and Curator of Vascular Plants, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
- "Creating and Leveraging a Virtual Herbarium of New England for Biodiversity Science"
April 7, 2017
- NEBC Distinguished Speaker
Dr. Dennis Whigham, Senior Botanist, Smithsonian Environmental Research Center and North American Orchid Conservation Center, Edgewater, MD
- "Native Orchids and Mycorrhiza – Ecologically Complex Interactions"
May 5, 2017
- Dr. Dov Sax, Associate Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Institute at Brown for Environment & Society, Brown University, Providence RI.
- "Identifying Species at Risk from Climate Change and Considering Alternative Conservation Strategies"
- Held at Garden in the Woods, Framingham, MA